Click Here for some
Frequently Asked Questions
Mute Off - Volume Max!
To make it universal, The Smart Cord uses the Audio channel, so keep it on!
Smart Cord Support:
Your device must utilize the A2DP Bluetooth® Profile. Generally, if you bought your Smart Phone in the last 2 years, it supports this.
However, you have 30 days to figure this out. Because, if you don't like how the Smart Cord works with your device, you are free to send it back for a refund.
Bluetooth is not required to be ON for you to manually control the Smart Cord. The manual button will function with Bluetooth ON or OFF.
For some devices, a PASSKEY is required. Use 0000.
General Questions about the product? Contact us at:
(855) 559 6683
Making the Bluetooth Connection:
For those that have worked with Bluetooth devices before, this should be a very
For those that have not, you will need to be familiar with how to access and
enable your Smart Phone (or Tablet, PC, etc...) Bluetooth settings and be able
to discover a NEW DEVICE.
the ZSmart product powered, Hold Down the Bluetooth button for
The Blue Light will flash indicating the Bluetooth capability of the product is
the Smart Cord plugged in and Bluetooth on, the following steps are required to
establish an initial
connection. This is a ONE TIME operation to establish a lifelong
relationship between the products.
Hold Down the Bluetooth button for
5 Seconds, until the the RED light flashes.
Then, the Blue Light will flash rapidly, indicating the Smart Cord is
ready to PAIR with your device.
In the Bluetooth manager on the device you wish to pair (i.e. Phone),
new Bluetooth devices.
3. The Smart Cord will appear. Select the device (i.e. ZChord1) and Pair with the device.
PAIRING, devices are generally ready to share communication. This is
controlled on your Smart Phone or other device. See their documentation on
the process to establish a Bluetooth connection
sample to the right, you would simply select the ZChord1 on your phone and
now ready to control the Bluetooth feature of the product. Generally, your
connection will break outside of 30 Feet,
and automatically be re-established as long you have not turned off
Bluetooth on either device since the connection was established.
Bluetooth without the Bluetooth light on, Tap
Once on the Bluetooth button. This will toggle between having the light ON and OFF.
Many devices will take the first name associated with a Bluetooth IP and remember it FOREVER. So, rename the Smart Cord before pairing it with your Phone to avoid this annoyance.
So that it is easier to identify what cord you are controlling if you have more than one, we provided a Rename Function.
Double Tap the Bluetooth button while in the PAIRING mode. The RED light will flash a number of times. This will indicate the Bluetooth Name of the Smart Cord (3 flashes = ZChord3).
If the light turns off, you most likely turned on Dark Mode. Just tap the button again, and it should re-appear. A one-half second delay between taps is best.
The RENAME is NOT supported by all devices.
1. You can have multiple cords PAIRED to the same device. Generally, Bluetooth allows up to 8 devices paired to a Phone or similar device.
2. You can PAIR Mulitple Devices (phones, computers, tablets, etc...) with each Smart Cord, but only ONE Bluetooth connection can be used at any one time.
3. Generally, The Smart Cord will Automatically connect with the last device it was connected to. If you wish to manually break this connection and connect to a new device, you can simply unplug the Smart Cord.
4. When you Power Off Bluetooth on either device (Phone or The Smart Cord), then you may need to re-establish a connection through a SYNC. This is NOT pairing the device, and can only be done on your PHONE, generally a quick and simple process.
5. Drop us a note with questions. Bluetooth technology is very standard, and the above is hopefully not new to you - merely a refresher.
Smart Cord Functionality Video
Sample APP Requires Java
Top View of Switch
Sample Phone View
For more information regarding the APPS, Click Here
Be sure to MAX your VOLUME, and that your device is PAIRED with the product you wish to control.